Sat, Nov 11|
Bump and Beyond Course
Training Pregnancy and Postpartum Clients
Time & Location
Nov 11, 10:00 AM – Nov 12, 4:30 PM
Hulhumalé, Amin Avenue Teak, Rabarugas Magu, 20124, Maldives
About the event
Pregnant women should not exercise” is an old myth that continues to persist in Asian culture. In fact, pregnancy is not a disability and experts at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (ACOG) have shown again and again that healthy mothers-to-be should exercise to minimize the potential for any medical conditions that may arise with pregnancy.
In our Bump & Beyond: Training Pregnant Clients course, you will gain a better understanding of the physiological changes in each trimester of pregnancy and how to address each stage with specific exercises plus essential relaxation techniques for mothers-to-be. The course also covers the numerous benefits of exercising during pregnancy for both mother and baby, as well as the benefits for labour.
Moreover, most new mothers are unaware that it is recommended to start certain fundamental exercises as early as possible after giving birth, in order to speed up the recovery from postpartum issues like Diastasis Recti (DR) and pelvic floor trauma. In our Bump & Beyond: Training Postpartum Clients course, we will guide you in understanding the different types and processes of birth to help you design a specific training program for postpartum clients. We also examine postpartum concerns, contraindications, postural issues, abdominal care and nutritional guidelines to help new mothers go through this new stage of their lives. Course Highlights
• The do’s and don’ts to exercises during the pre and post-partum period
• Step by step coaching to pelvic floor training
• Soft skills needed to manage Pre and post natal clients as both these phases can be an
emotional/sensitive time for them
• Exercises for abdominal separation
• Train a mum to be a mum - learn exercises that makes mum stronger in their daily
• Sample pre and post-partum training program according to trimesters.
Why Should You Consider This Course?
You want to work with pregnant and postpartum clients; both one-on-one and/or group setting
What Are the Topics Covered?
• Exercise guidelines for pregnant and postpartum clients
• Physiological changes to pregnant clients
• Exercise choices for pregnant and postpartum clients
• Dealing with diastasis recti
• Stress management and abdominal care for pregnant and postpartum clients
• Nutritional considerations for pregnant and new moms
• Postpartum concerns and obstacles that new moms face